We all know a proper diet, exercise and good habits are keys to a healthy lifestyle. Meeting those goals can be challenging, and that’s where New Directions Health Coaching comes in. Our behavioral health coaches have years of experience in helping people achieve overall health through positive change.
Our Health Coaching service can be a stand-alone offer or an add-on to the Employee Assistance Program.
Stress is often considered a fact of life that has a slight or moderate impact on health. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. Poor management of stress has been identified as a trigger for many different types of illness, and it increases an individual's vulnerability to illness and accident. Stress makes some illnesses worse and studies show that it slows healing.
New Directions offers an individualized telephone coaching option to help people move from distress to resilience. A health professional with special training in stress and lifestyle management provides 6 to 12 months of telephone calls to:
- Assess participant's degree of stress
- Provide information about stress and stress management
- Teach stress management strategies
- Help develop a Life Balance Plan
- Deliver support while the participant practices new stress management techniques
During the telephone coaching process, the coach provides motivation and helps participants get better and stay better.
When Quitters Dare
New Directions offers an individualized telephone coaching program to help people kick the habit. A health professional with special training in both tobacco cessation and behavioral change provides up to 12 months of telephone calls to:
- Gauge readiness to quit
- Help select a quit date
- Assist with preparation strategies for quitting tobacco
- Provide support the day of or day before the quit date
- Discuss impact of quitting
- Aid development of a relapse prevention plan
Shedding Pounds and Gaining Ground
New Directions offers an individualized telephone coaching option to help people make changes to manage weight. A health professional with specialized training in weight management and behavior change provides 6 to 12 months of telephone calls to:
- Gauge readiness to change
- Help develop an action plan
- Provide support to make gradual changes
- Identify personal barriers to managing weight
- Provide needed nutritional and exercise guidance
- Discuss impact of emotional eating
- Assist in developing a relapse prevention plan
During the telephone coaching process, the coach provides motivation and helps participants develop positive behavioral skills that encourage overall wellness.